Machine Operator (Full Time)
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will:
- Operate a cutting machine with plasma or flame.
- Bevel sides of steel plates using the bevelling machine.
- Operate plate roll to form the shells.
- Tack-weld the longitudinal joints.
- Operate crane to remove shells from the roll.
- Inspect flatness of the flanges using a laser, sand welds or flanges as needed.
- Ensure handling of sanding equipment with a forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You will work rotating shifts.
Relevant training or experience is a plus. Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Good physical capacity and manual dexterity.Benefits:
Marmen Energy, located in Brandon, South Dakota, is recognized as one of North America’s largest manufacturers of wind towers. It is a subsidiary of Marmen, which is based in Trois-Rivieres (Quebec, Canada).
Marmen Energy offers job security and great benefits for full-time employees and eligible part-time employees, including: Life insurance/AD&D, medical plans, dental plans, vision plan, long term and short term disability insurance, 401K, holidays, paid time off, unpaid personal days and company-paid uniforms. Our healthcare insurance package is very competitive with a lower cost than average. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating, fast-paced environment where you can progress every day.
In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse moving expenses for new employees whose principal residence is far from our workplace.
Welding & Manufacturing Technology, Wind Turbine TechnologyOpenings:
7/30/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
1820, North Plum Avenue Brandon, SD 57005Phone:
(605) 582-4500Website: www.marmeninc,com
Contact InformationContact Person:
Cynthia Joyal, Phone:
(605) 582-4500Email: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply on Company Website
Return to Job Listings