Seasonal Inspector (Seasonal)
Oversees and instructs contractor personnel to ensure construction projects comply with company standards, procedures and applicable codes and provide superior service in terms of safety, reliability, customer satisfaction and value.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Works in a safe manner that complies with corporate safety policies and procedures and encourages safe working habits in others to ensure customer and employee safety.
2. Oversees and instructs contractor personnel to ensure construction and rehabilitation projects comply with company specifications, standards, applicable codes and safety regulations.
3. Inspects completed work to ensure installations are in accordance with company design specifications. Recommends minor alterations as required and consults with immediate supervisor when major revisions are required.
4. Prepares field notes, verifies measurements and documents material usage to ensure accurate construction records.
5. Prepares and certifies work progress reports that include contractor hours worked and tasks performed to comply with company construction contract provisions.
6. Maintains effective communication with contractors, builders, developers city/state officials, company support staff and the general public to coordinate construction activities and resolves problems in a customer sensitive manner.
7. Performs other related tasks as apparent or assigned.
• Must meet all ability exam requirements where such exams exist.
• Must meet all physical requirements.
• Ability to communicate clearly and courteously both orally and in writing.
• Thorough working knowledge of area geographics.
• Must have a valid state drivers license.
• Willing to be available for overtime as workload dictates.
• This is a safety sensitive position which requires a drug screening test in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
To apply for this position please go to www.midamericanenergy.com, click on available positions, click on Access the job search and application tool, selection the position you are interested in applying for and select apply.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
6/30/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
MidAmerican Energy CompanyAddress:
401 Douglas Street Sioux City, IA 51101Website: www.midamericanenergy.com
Contact InformationContact Person:
Jan Amick, Phone: Email: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply on Company Website
Return to Job Listings