Appliance Repair Technician / Service Tech B (UN244) (Req 16862) (Full Time)
LOCATION: Columbus, NE
To perform appliance service, including repair and installation of appliances and other related functions to support gas distribution and service operations in a safe, customer-oriented manner.
Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Repair and adjust residential, commercial and industrial appliances and equipment to ensure efficient operation.
- Install appliance (including heating and air conditioning equipment and water heaters), meters, regulators and control systems to comply with code specifications.
- Locate and repair gas leaks at customer’s premises to assure safe delivery of natural gas.
- Check and repair or replace gas meters and regulators to assure accurate registration of gas usage and continuous service to customers.
- Complete recordkeeping associated with service and repair functions to ensure an accurate information system is maintained.
- Operate company vehicle and maintains parts inventory and tools according to company standard and policies to ensure the delivery of safe and efficient service.
- Perform other related tasks as apparent or assigned, including but not limited to leak survey work, line locating, foreign construction work, storekeeping, meter reading, chart changing, transporting appliances and equipment, and fleet and facilities maintenance to ensure efficient operation of the work unit.
- Participate in regulated and non-regulated company marketing programs.
- Advise and assist other employees on-the-job to provide technical expertise in the field.
- Previous experience working with residential and commercial HVAC or appliance repair customers preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate Degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration preferred.
- Participate in training internally, both field and classroom, and externally to increase job knowledge and competency.
- Employees must successfully demonstrate relevant competencies through assessment methods as determined by the Company with reasonable inclusion of the union.
- Working knowledge of State of Nebraska HVAC and plumbing codes, as applied to service and installation of appliances.
- Working knowledge of electronics and its application to control circuits and systems.
- Must have working knowledge of HVAC equipment, the installation and service of appliances, venting systems, gas burning equipment and metering and regulating systems.
- Must have working knowledge of safety procedures, practices and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand control systems and read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Must have positive customer relations orientation including the ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers and industry representatives.
- Demonstrated basic operation of computers and business related software applications.
- Must have a valid Nebraska driver’s license and possess a safe driving record.
- Must obtain and keep current, applicable HVAC licenses and certificates as required.
- Must be qualified to perform tasks as defined by the Department of Transportation and company procedures.
- Employees assigned to this job will be expected to establish residence in the designated location no later than 90 days after accepting the job.
- Must work assigned shifts, on call, assigned holidays and overtime as required.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be physically capable of performing the work, including occasional climbing, balancing, and carrying heavy items.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
Position DetailsRelated Programs:
Heating & Cooling Technology Openings:
6/29/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
Black Hills CorporationAddress:
625 Ninth Street Rapid City, SD 57701Website: www.blackhillscorp.com
Contact InformationContact Person:
Lonna Reiner, Phone: Email: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply on Company Website
Return to Job Listings