IT Specialist (Full Time)
The IT specialist will assist with the implementation, training and daily trouble shooting of a new pointof-
sale and inventory computer system. This position will focus on all aspects of the computerized
inventory program and inventory movement from receiving and accurately entering product prices daily
to reviewing margins, recording shrinkage and monitoring sales for improved inventory controls in the
retail division. This includes five c-stores and one farm store.
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Learn, set up and implement the new point of sale system in all retail stores for company.
· Will be the in-house expert on the POS system including understanding issues with multiple
computer terminals, receipt printers, credit card and check readers, cash drawers, inventory
software, and UPC scanners.
· Travel to retail locations to set up the computer system, train staff on operating the system,
trouble shoot any problems and maintain the back office inventory system.
· Receive and enter daily product and inventory information into the POS computer system using
· Regular onsite monitoring of inventory, computer equipment and inventory procedures at
· Provide inventory reports of purchases, processed credit card transactions, cash intake and
outflow and up-to-the-minute inventory reports as needed.
· Monitor and report on product margins, shrinkage and sales.
· Prepare additional inventory and accounting reports such as inventory balances, price lists, and
· May verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in
computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
· Will assist with other office duties as needed.
· Conduct ongoing communications with staff and vendors regarding inventory controls and issues.
· Effectively handle complaints to resolve issues and notify CFO in a timely manager regarding
· Display a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favorable image of
· Maintain a safe environment and abide by all company policies, federal, state and OSHA
Computer degree preferred. High School Diploma. Two years of computer installation,
software and hardware troubleshooting, computerized inventory, accounting or related experience
desired. Must have data entry and strong computer background. Knowledge of retail environment is
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.Compensation:
Complete Benefit PackageRelated Programs:
Information Systems TechnologyAdditional Information:
- Position is based in Winner, SD.
- Travel is required to locations in Chancellor, Freeman, Menno, Mission and White River.
- Strong communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills needed.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to work independently.
- Ability to learn new computer system and train others efficiently.
- Wage will depend on experience.
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.Openings:
8/29/2014Employee Start Date:
Company InformationCompany Name:
Country Pride CooperativeAddress:
201 S Monroe St Winner, SD 57580Phone:
Contact InformationContact Person:
Melanie Levi, Phone:
605-842-2711Email: [email protected]
How to Apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume
Email Cover Letter and ResumeApply through MTI Careers Website
Return to Job Listings