Students will understand and apply essential mathematical processes and analysis.
· Perform computations using appropriate methods and/or technologies
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of measurement
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of formulas
· Use math processes to solve problems
· Apply problem-solving steps
Students will apply human relationship skills to work successfully in a diverse society.
· Demonstrate awareness and respect for people and their differences
· Ask for and listen to others’ opinions and solutions
· Identify individual strengths and challenges in occupational relationships
· Apply team skills to group projects
· Demonstrate conflict resolution techniques
· Understand the benefits of community involvement and civic responsibility
Students will use computer technology to access, organize, and communicate information.
· Use word processing, e-mail and presentation software to effectively and professionally communicate information
· Create and manage workbooks using spreadsheet software
· Access and manipulate data using database software
· Use electronic resources to conduct research
Students will communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats.
· Use standard English spelling, mechanics, grammar, and structure
· Create written communication appropriate to the audience which clearly, concisely, and accurately expresses ideas and conveys needs
· Participate effectively in groups by demonstrating the ability to speak, listen, respond, and interpret
· Speak effectively, both formally and informally, in a variety of contexts
· Conduct, examine, interpret, and document research responsibly
Check out the 2012-13 General Education Assessment Review for information on how this program assures that its students are attaining learning outcomes.